Check out the new TAB above for the 2019-20 TMEA All-State Learning Tracks and Notes!
The link below will take you to our 2019-2020 Choir Calendar!
Congratulations to our 2019-2020 Choir Members! We are so proud of all of you. If your ID number is not listed in the link above, please email Mrs. West at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check this website, your Remind notices, and emails for 2019-20 calendar and trip information.
Have a wonderful summer!
Please read the full email, as all points are important for the final weeks of school.
This is to remind you of our Pre-UIL choir concert on Tuesday, April 16th, at 7pm. Students are required to arrive no later than 5pm in their uniforms** to begin warm-up and dress rehearsal. Doors open to the public at 6:45pm. We can’t wait to see you. Please remember that this concert is a showcase of our UIL material that we will present at UIL Concert & Sight-Reading during the week following Easter. We will be sending students home with a sheet containing all relevant UIL Contest information by the end of the week. Per UIL “no pass/no play” standards, this concert and subsequent contest are limited to students that are academically eligible. Your student will know their eligibility status.
**Uniforms for this concert and UIL contest are students’ black tuxedo/choir dress. For men, this includes black socks, black dress shoes, and deodorant (axe is not deodorant). For women, this includes black tights (no bare ankles), and hair out of their face.
Choir Banquet is right around the corner! Students should be bringing home a green choir banquet form. Please return the form to us by the concert if students wish to attend banquet. All choir students are allowed to attend Choir Banquet and we hope they will. We are looking forward to a fun night together! All dates and relevant information are included on the green sheet.
Please review our updated calendar for pop show rehearsals. These will be mandatory/graded for all UIL eligible students. As we get closer to the end of the year, it is important that your child’s choir fee has been paid in full. With the new system, fees appear as two separate payments, one per semester. Students will not receive their pop show shirt if their fee is outstanding. Please check to see if your fee is paid by logging in to the ORHS website’s financial portal called “Schoolcashonline.”
POP SHOW THIS YEAR WILL ONLY BE FRIDAY EVENING. In order to assure our students get to perform for a full audience, we will be canceling the Saturday evening performance of Pop Show.
West & Kay
Winter Concert Details
Thursday, December 13th ORHS Winter Concert 7:00 PM
Pre-Concert Performances will begin at 6:40 PM. Don’t miss it!
- ALL CHOIR MEMBERS-REQUIRED PERFORMANCE
- Call Time: 5:00 PM-Please go home, eat, and be back in your seat in the ORHS Auditorium at 5:00 fully dressed in your formal uniform and ready for dress rehearsal. Doors will open to parents at 6:30 PM.
- Formal Uniform
- Women-Deodorant, Dresses hemmed to hit top of shoes, Black Tights, Black Dress Shoes, and Well-Groomed Appearance, NO JEANS UNDER DRESSES.
- Men-Deodorant, Tuxes (pants hemmed to hit top of shoes), long Black Socks, Black Dress Shoes, and Well-Groomed Appearance.
- NO PERFUMES OR COLOGNES, PLEASE.
- Please pay careful attention to the information concerning hemming for dresses and tux pants.
Coffee House Performers: You will stay after school for a mic check on stage. Please bring your Concert Attire with you so that you can change in between your run through and the full choir call.
Rental Tux or Choir Dress Hemming Information
You have now received your choir dress or tux for the year. Any damage to the dress or tux will result in an additional fee to replace the uniform. Our Winter Concert is Thursday, December 13th. You MUST have your uniform hemmed and ready to wear prior to this date.
- Dresses and pants must be hemmed to a length such that the bottom of the dress or pant leg reaches the topmost part of your shoe. Any longer will result in damage to the dress or pants.
- Dresses and pants must not be cut, surged, pinned, taped, glued, or stapled. Any alteration to the dress apart from a hemline stitch will result in an additional fee to replace the uniform.