Pre-UIL: ~ Monday, April 2, 2018 ~ ORHS Auditorium @ 7:00pm
– Students are called at 5:00pm
– Students staying after will be able to purchase pizza from booster club after 3:30
– Uniform is formal: Choir Dress or Tuxedo, Black dress shoes
– Informational letter being sent home Tuesday/Wednesday with students
– April 2: Varsity Men 3-4pm
Combined Concert Women & Cantabile 3-4pm
– April 3: Varsity Women 3-5pm with Mrs. Orr from Montgomery HS
– April 9: Varsity Men 3-5pm with Dr. Horton
– April 10: Combined Concert Women & Cantabile 3-5pm
– April 12: Varsity Women 3-5pm
– April 19: Varsity Men 3-5pm / Combined Concert Women & Cantabile 3-5pm
The Spring Trip is April 13-15, 2018 to Dallas, TX
An informational packet will be handed out on at the parent meeting
The parent meeting is Monday, April 9 @ 6:30pm in the Choir Room
This is a MANDATORY meeting for parents/students
Pop Show Auditions:
Students interested in auditioning for a spot in pop show can sign up for auditions the week of April 9-10. Auditions will be held after school April 16 & 17. Students are allowed to audition for either a solo or a group/duet. Students can audition no more than twice. The combination is either #1 -solo #2 -group or #1 -group #2 -group.
Audition tips and preferences from the directors:
1. Song needs to be under 4 minutes (if possible)
2. Song needs to be energetic more so than slow
3. Song must be appropriate and lyrics clean
4. Song must be prepared and MEMORIZED
5. Must bring your own flash drive/cd for the audition
6. DO NOT PICK A SONG THAT IS OUT OF YOUR VOICE RANGE
(For example: do not sing Adele/Beyonce if you have a smaller/quieter voice)
Choral Excellence Competition:
The combined Varsity Men’s Choir will be traveling to Houston on April 23 for a choir competition. This is really just to have another chance to sing together before UIL. More information on the event will come out in mid-April.
UIL Concert and Sight Reading Contest:
UIL Contest is slated for April 24-26, 2018 at Montgomery High School
We currently do not have a schedule of the date and times we will sing
Once we know, an itinerary will be posted and given out to all students
Pop Show Rehearsals in May:
A fully detailed rehearsal schedule and letter will be coming out in early April
Rehearsal dates are already posted on the calendar for those wanting to secure time off from work, etc. There are no excuses for not planning ahead!
Envelope order forms are being sent out to all students who would like one.
Inside you will find a banquet ticket order form. Fill it out and return it with the money for the ticket(s) by April 2 to Mr. Smith and Mr. Kay.
Banquet is Friday, May 4, 2018 at Hochzeit Hall in “Old Town Spring”